OCDS Data Review Tool: Developer Documentation¶
The DRT is a web application that allows you to review Open Contracting data, validate it against the Open Contracting Data Standard, and review it for errors or places for improvement. You can also use it to convert data between JSON and Excel spreadsheet formats.
It runs at standard.open-contracting.org/review/.
Docs about running locally etc. at https://ocds-data-review-tool.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
This documentation is for people who wish to contribute to or modify the DRT.
- Template structure
- How to add a validation check
- How to edit the stylesheet
- How to replace something hardcoded in the frontend with a configurable variable
- How to add to Key Field Information
- OCDS Show
Running it locally¶
- Clone the repository
- Change into the cloned repository
- Create a virtual environment (note this application uses python3)
- Activate the virtual environment
- Install dependencies
- Set up the database (sqlite3)
- Compile the translations
- Run the development server
git clone https://github.com/open-contracting/cove-ocds.git cd cove-ocds python3 -m venv .ve source .ve/bin/activate pip install -r requirements_dev.txt python manage.py migrate python manage.py compilemessages python manage.py runserver
This will make the test site available on the local machine only. If you are running in some kind of container, or on a remote development machine you will need to run:
ALLOWED_HOSTS='XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX' python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000
where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the IP address that you’ll be using to access the running service.